Saturday 16 February 2008

The Music Blog

I've gotten into a bad habit of staying up far too late reading music blogs, and for the most part they're all very similar. I think Hype-Machine has pumped the popularity of the music blog up very high, but not in the best way. I search for a band, I have a look at the blog, download the song, and close the window. Most aren't really worth reading, but their popularity is based on the music they exhibit instead of their ability to write.

However, one in particular, Song, by Toad, is well worth a read. The eponymous Toad is a misanthrope with a penechant for Gin, which endears him to me immediatley, and his podcasts are punctuated with wonderful narration on his part. It's not that he's a good writer, but for (what I assume is) a reptilian pseudonym for a fantastic character which is what makes it so enjoyable.

The Podcasts come highly reccomended, now that I've got my head around all this futuristic technology.

S/Cooke

No comments: